Education & Employment
- 2013-Present: University of Colorado Boulder, Postdoctoral Research
- 2008-2013: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ph.D. in Experimental
- 2004-2008: Columbia University, B.A. in Physics with Concentration in Mathematics
- T2K Collaboration. "Measurement of the Electron Neutrino Charged-current Interaction Rate on Water with the T2K ND280 pi-zero Detector", Phys. Rev. D 91 (2015) 112010.
- K. Abe et al., "Measurement of the νμ charged current quasi-elastic cross-section on carbon with the T2K on-axis neutrino beam", Phys. Rev. D 91 (2015) 112002.
- T2K Collaboration. "Upper bound on neutrino mass based on T2K neutrino timing measurements", arXiv:1502.06605 (2015).
- K. Abe et al., "Measurements of neutrino oscillation in appearance and disappearance channels by the T2K experiment with 6.6 x 1020 protons on target", Phys. Rev. D 91 (2015) 072010.
- T2K Collaboration, "Measurement of the νμ CCQE cross section on carbon with the ND280 detector at T2K", arXiv:1411.6264 (2014).
- J.B.R. Battat et al., "The Dark Matter Time Projection Chamber 4shooter directional dark matter detector: Calibration in a surface laboratory", Nucl. Instr. Meth. A755 (2014) 6-19.
- J. Lopez et al., "A prototype detector for directional measurement of the cosmogenic neutron flux", Nucl. Instr. Meth. A673 (2012) 22-31.
- J.P. Lopez et al., "Background rejection in the DMTPC dark matter search using charge signals", Nucl. Instr. Meth. A696 (2012) 121-128.
- S. Ahlen et al., "Results from a Surface Run of the 10-L DMTPC Directional
Dark Matter Detector", Phys. Lett B695 (2011) 124-129.
- S. Ahlen et al., "The case for a directional dark matter detector and the status of current experimental efforts", Int. J. Mod. Phys. A25 (2010) 1-51.
- J. Lopez, "Recent Results from the T2K Experiment", XIIIth International Conference on Heavy Quarks and Leptons, 23 May 2016, Blacksburg, VA.
- J. López, "Studying Neutrino Physics with Long Baseline Oscillations", Physics Colloquium, 31 March 2016, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Recinto Universitario de Mayagüez.
- J. Lopez, "Constraining the Accelerator Flux Using Muon Monitors", NuInt15, 16 November 2015, Osaka, Japan.
- J. Lopez, "Measurement of the νμ Charged Current Quasielastic Cross Section on Water with the T2K Off-Axis Near Detector", DPF Meeting, 2015, Ann Arbor, MI.
- J. Lopez, "Directional Dark Matter Detection with the DMTPC Experiment", HEP Seminar, 23 October 2013, Columbia University, New York, NY.
- J. Lopez, "Searching for the WIMP Wind with the DMTPC Dark Matter Experiment", Special Seminar, 7 June 2013, TRIUMF, Vancouver, BC.
- J. Lopez, "Searching for the WIMP Wind with the DMTPC Dark Matter Experiment", Nuclear/High Energy Physics Seminar, 8 May 2013, University of Colorado Boulder.
- J. Lopez, "Updates from the DMTPC Dark Matter Search", APS April Meeting, 2013, Denver, CO.
- J. Lopez, "Rejection of Backgrounds in the DMTPC Dark Matter Search Using Charge Signals", DPF Meeting, 2011, Providence, RI.
- J. Lopez, "Rejection of Electronic Recoils in the DMTPC Dark Matter Search Using Charge Signals, TIPP, 2011, Chicago, IL.
- Fall 2012: 8.21 The Physics of Energy.
- TA for Profs. Bob Jaffe and Ike Chuang.